Don’t get me wrong, y’all. The above video of one kid’s legitimately adorable reaction to the climactic reveal in The Empire Strikes Back is worthy of its viral status. I mean, it’s basically a ticking ovary time bomb of cold-fusion cuteness. But wouldn’t the parents rather experience such a moment without the filter of a Flip Cam, or do parents just record and upload anything to YouTube these days? I don’t know. I didn’t write the chapter on making your child a momentary internet super star, which is good, because it’d look like this:
- More Dolls!
Patty Duke would be proud, but Children’s Services? Not so much, but I digress.
As I was saying, this being the internet, when Videogum’s Kelly joked that it’ll be great to start recording childrens’ reactions to every movie (like David Fincher’s Se7en, for example), the internet must naturally abide:
Hahaha, this video’s only deadly sin is making me laugh so hard I could just die! Am I right, ladies? (Boo, get off the stage!–You.) Fine. MOVING RIGHT ALONG, LADIES.
Anyways, I can’t help but wonder what other movie moments need to be mashed up with the Empire Strikes Back reaction kid? Seriously, y’all, we have the technology, we can remix it, so why don’t we? Here are are just a few of my suggestions:
- Showgirls: Nomi Malone pushes Cristal Connors down the stairs.
- Mildred Pierce (1945): Veda is an ungrateful bitch and calls Mildred a common tramp.
- Showgirls: Nomi Malone gets revenge on Andrew Carver.
- Orphan: Esther’s secret is revealed.
- Showgirls: Cristal Connors used to love Doggie Chow. OMG NOMI USED TO LOVE DOGGIE CHOW TOO!!!
- Mommie Dearest: Christina Crawford gets into a catfight with Joan because she’s not one of her fans.
- Showgirls: ALL OF IT.
And now it’s your turn, dear readers! Leave your suggestions (or, better yet, creations!) in the comments!
Much love to Videogum for this one.